Friday, February 19, 2010

Veggie Tales

I love when I split up my workouts in a day and when it's time for workout number two, my sports bra is still sweaty. It grosses the boyfriend out, but I loves it! I don't like the way that it feels on my skin, but I love knowing that I sweated so much in the earlier workout that my bra is still wet. Woo hoo! Today was 15 minutes on the ellip and 30 minutes on the tread. My bad knee gave me a wee bit of trouble near the end of my treadmill run, but it was bearable. Workout two consisted of Ellen Barrett's Burn and Firm pilates. I love Ellen because she's fun and peppy. I also love her website and just signed on to her emailing list. I look forward to her tips! http://www.buffgirlfitness.com/

Today's breakfast was the usual: breakfast cookie and some green tea (notice the UCR Alumni cup-shout out to the Highlanders!)


Dinner was the new Honey BBQ Smart Wings I picked up at Clark's the other day.


They are deeeeeeeeelicious! I made some quinoa and broccoli, added a smidgen of BBQ sauce to the quinoa, slapped the wings on top, and voila:


Quinoa is intriguing to me. They're all these little seeds at the bottom of the pan and then ten minutes later, fluffy quinoa! I love that I don't have to stir them or anything, they just cook themselves. The first time I tried it, I was a little turned off by the smell because before it's cooked, quinoa smells like dirt to me. Luckily the dirt smell goes away and I'm a big fan now.

I recently celebrated my sixth year of becoming a vegetarian (in January). I still can't believe that its been that long! Although I try not to eat too many fake meat products (because of the controversial soy issue and all that,) I do get really excited when I find a new meat substitute that I haven't tried before!

No comments:

Post a Comment