Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Are you there sleep? It's me, Heather

I left the sunny skies of Palm Desert yesterday and I'm now in Lake Arrowhead with my mom, three very happy-to-see-me Goldens, and one very antisocial cat. And it's snowing. A lot. I'm kind of wishing my step-dad wasn't in Sacramento doing conferences so he could help with this snow stuff. Shoveling snow isn't really my cup of tea :) I made my mom and I breakfast cookies last night ala Fitnessista




It was delicious and Mom's a new convert! I used:

1/2 cup of oats
1/2 scoop of chocolate soy protein powder
1 tablespoon of almond butter
A splash of coconut milk
Raisins
Chia seeds
Carob chips
Lil Cinnamon
Lil Nutmeg
Lil chocolate agave

Sooooooooooooo good! And it will keep me full for a good long while! I also had some Green Tea in a cute little Polar Express cup.

Today's schedule includes shoveling most likely and then a 45 minute cardio routine: 30 minutes on the tread and 15 minutes on the ellip. I'm hoping I get the energy to finish the full 45 minutes...I couldn't sleep at all last night. I hardly sleep at all any night. I wake up tired and I'm starting to get circles under my eyes. Not.pretty.

Does anyone have any suggestions on natural remedies that might help me get some shut eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment