Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hello sweat, I've missed thee!

I'm back in Palm Desert where it's over 80 degrees! How I miss the cool mountains...sigh. We had to turn on the AC yesterday and it's only February! I really hope that we can move before the heat really sets in.

Shortly after I came back to the heat, I started feeling the effects of my mom's cold. She was sick last week, I was fine, and then it hit me the day after Valentine's Day. Booooo. I ran despite feeling rather lethargic-BIG mistake! Around mile 2, I felt horrible. I came home and tried to nap off my yucky feelings but woke up feeling faint and clammy! Then the sore throat set in and now I'm fighting off the stuffy nose and cough. Today is the first day this week I've had a real workout. I decided to still take it a bit easy at the gym, but I worked up a very nice sweat! I did the elliptical for 30 minutes and then 15 on the tread. I wanted to keep running so badly! I didn't think it was too wise, however, since I'm still on the mend.

Let's talk food! Breakfast was a delicious Fitnessista breakfast cookie complete with chia seeds, carob chips and raisins and maybe a lil drizzle of chocolate agave (I'm in love with this stuff).

Lunch was my favorite meal at the moment: taco salad!


This bad boy had salsa, corn, black beans, cheese and some crushed Tostitos chips sprinkled on it. Sadly, I'm out of my Morningstar meat crumbles, taco seasoning and sour cream. Nevertheless, it was mmmm mmmm good.

I think I'll slap in an Ellen Barrett pilates dvd and stretch the muscles a bit. I should do some weight lifting but...eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment